Friday, October 16, 2015 / by Kimo Quance
For avid road trippers who have embraced the full-time RV lifestyle, finding decent park sites can be a hassle.
From cramped parking spaces to parks with poor amenities, RV'ers often have to spend the night in the parking lot of department stores.
But if you are ever in the San Diego area, stop by Santee Lakes and see what an RV site should be.
Santee Lakes RV Park
Many users rave about the quality of the park.
Standard amenities include:
- Being in a great location i.e. close to downtown Santee and a lot of grocery stores nearby.
- An on-site laundromat.
- Sites that are spaced far apart, allowing big RV rigs ample space to park.
- Decent Wifi, TV and satellite service.
- Full hook-up including 50 Amp Service, water and sewer lines.
- Weekly propane fill-up service.
Excited yet? That's not the best of it.
Things To Do In Santee
The area surrounding Santee is packed with hidden gems that many don't get to see.
- Certain sections of the Santee Lake's reserved for RV users. This guarantees you a private fishing spot. Grilled trout for dinner, anyone?
- Leaving the park grounds and driving only ten minutes away, there is the BNS Brewing and Distilling Company. This microbrewery is renowned for some of the best craft beer in SD. They have a playroom for younger kids and an outside space for older kids to play in.
- Wanna get in a few strokes of golf? The 18-hole Carlton Oaks Golf Course offers affordable rounds with access to driving ranges, golf lessons and private practice areas.
- In town on the 9th of May? Be sure to book tickets to the River Park Festival. With loads of craft beer, a car show, live music and fun for the kids, what are you waiting for?
Santee Lakes doesn't just have one of the best RV parks in San Diego; the surrounding area has many fun things to do.
Calling all road warriors, stop by Santee and be prepared to park for a long time!